Who we are:
This website is owned and operated by UK Car Finance Ltd, trading as Refused Car Finance (“we”, “us”, “our”) Company number 9397657.
What information we collect:
This provides an overview of the information of how we collect your information and how your privacy is protected when you are on our site. Personal information on our website can be collected in two ways:
- Directly, (for example, the information you provide on forms on our website)
This information also includes your IP address for the purposes of tracking to understand how visitors use our sites, and utilize Google Analytics tracking to help us understand how visitors arrive, browse the site and highlight areas to improve such as navigation. This data is anonymous and will never show personal information that can reveal your identity.
We collect information when you choose to submit it to us as requested when you apply for services/products on our site.
How we will use this information:
We gather your information, which may include personal sensitive information, to assess and process your application and allow a third party lender (from our panel of carefully selected lenders) to provide you with suitable car finance for your personal circumstances. Any information relevant to your application is shared with our agents and third-party lenders to process your application.
In assessing your application for credit, we may search your credit file using credit references agencies (Experian, Equifax or any other credit reference agency we may be using at that time) for the purpose of considering your credit score in relation to your finance application. This credit check may or may not be visible on your credit file. The credit reference agencies we use will provide us with a computerised credit score and if we can proceed with your application based on this score, we will pass this information to suitable lenders.
Credit reference agencies hold public information such as registration on the electoral register, county court judgements, and bankruptcy or repossession orders.
Any information provided to us should be accurate and true. If information provided is found to be false or inaccurate, details will be passed onto fraud prevention agencies. To verify your identity, prevent crime and assist in the recovery of debt, we may exchange information with Fraud Prevention Agencies, Debt Recovery Agencies and any other relevant organisations. When you provide us with information for the purposes of your application, you consent to us providing your personal information for the above purposes.
Cookies do a variety of jobs from remembering your chosen items, preferences and ensuring the advertisements and offers are more relevant to you.
DoubleClick: We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Cookies can be divided into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary: These cookies are required for the operation of the website and to enable you to do things such as logging in or using a shopping cart.
- Performance: These cookies collect anonymous data that is used to recognise and count the number of visitors to the site and see how they use the site. This help to improve the way the website works by ensuring users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality: These are used to recognise when a user returns to the website and allows personalised content and preferences.
- Targeting: These cookies record when a user visits the website, pages they may visit and any links followed. This information can be used to make the website content and adverts more relevant to their interests.